Friday, January 13, 2012

Times are tough.

http://yanphoto.com/blog/sick-of-it/

This is from a very talented photographer and it had to of taken a lot of nerve to share. So powerful...a bit heart breaking...and so real for so many - not just for photographers, but for others in creative fields and small business owners. Times are tough. It's hard trying to make a living doing what you love and have put so much into - it's scary and stressful and heartbreaking at times...But this is what I love, something I feel I have a talent for, and definitely have a lot of passion for. I have put in a lot of work to developing as a photographer - I am constantly expanding my knowledge, educating myself, and practicing - always striving to provide the best product to my clients. I have invested so much - and giving up just isn't an option even when times are really tough. And not everyone in my life understands. It's okay.

There is nothing I'd rather have in this world than beautiful photos of my family to cherish, to cover my walls, to help me remember. And there is nothing in this world I would rather do than provide beautiful photos to other families to cherish, to cover their walls, to help them remember their precious newborn baby who is so little for only a little while, their toddler - then child - then teenager who is growing up so fast and becoming more of their own person every day, their high school senior as they end one chapter and begin another.

Custom portrait photography is an investment. I get that you have a budget too, I do try to keep my prices reasonable while having hope that I can make it by financially as a photographer without a second source of income...someday. I put a lot of time and effort into each session and every photo that I edit. I promise to do everything in my power to make it worth it - to create the most beautiful photos that I possibly can for you to cherish for years to come, to decorate your walls with, to help you remember when...

Thanks to Yan Photography for the awesome post. Her words and work are inspiring. It's always nice to know that we are not alone during tough times, right?

0 comments: